Thursday, February 8, 2018

Significant update to my motor test spreadsheet - 08 Feb 2018

Hi Everyone -

I dated this post on purpose as I'm sure there will be more significant updates as I collect and try to organize all the data from my park jet motor testing😳.  Here is the link to my motor test spreadsheet.

When you open the link above, please look along the bottom and you will find several labelled tabs.  I started off with the 2212/6 2200 Kv motor as I think this is still the "parkjet workhorse" to which most other motors are compared.

I have kept one page that will have all the quad racing motors together.  This will be a very busy page, at the time of writing, I am still waiting on three more motors to arrive, so this list will consist of at least 13 different motors in the near future.  However, I know some folks might like to browse through one sheet to be able to compare motors against each other.

The most recent change is that I have broken out all the quad racing motors so that they will each have their own page.  As I do more testing trying different props and ESCs with each motor, this way if you are interested in what I have found to be the best prop/ESC combo for a particular motor, you can go right to that motor sheet to find out.  This will save me and hopefully you a lot of time sifting through a page consisting of 13 motors!😏

I have also done some testing on the very inexpensive yet powerful 2212/5T 2700 Kv motor with some different props and ESCs, that has it's own page.  This is also a very popular mainstream park jet motor that is an inexpensive power upgrade from the 2212/6 2200 and weighs the same, so no real need to mess around with prop slot modification or CG if you want to quickly upgrade the power in your park jet.

There is also a separate page of ESC testing where I will use the same motor and prop, but demonstrate the effect changing settings on ESCs has on bench test performance.

Lots more data to collect, in addition to the three quad motors I am still waiting for, I will be testing the Turnigy AE 45A ESC from HobbyKing when that arrives.  rcplanepirate uses one of these ESCs in 65A when testing his motors and is getting very good results.  I encourage you to click on his name which will take you to his YouTube channel for a wealth of motor/prop/battery testing info😊

Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎

Cheers,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment