Wednesday, February 7, 2018

6x4 KMP prop from Banggood quality control issue

Hi Everyone -

This post isn't to whine about getting a dud product, it just happens sometimes, especially when trying to save $$$$😉  I just wanted to pass along something I discovered today when balancing one of the two 6x4 KMP props I recently received from Banggood.

I have been doing quite a bit of motor bench testing the last few days and have had some good results with this prop on a couple different motors, so I thought I would balance the second one to put in a plane to do some field testing.

As I started to balance it, the blade seemed to be quite flexible as I was handling the prop😲  So I gave it a bit of a flex and here is how flexible the one prop is...YIKES!!!
This is the prop I have been using for bench testing, I had to push on the hub with my finger to get it to bend this much and even then it was tough to bend😐 
So needless to say, I won't be using "Mr. flexy prop" in my plane😀  I have ordered some more from Banggood, just wanted to pass this along, before even bothering to balance them, just have a quick check you didn't get a bad prop like I did in this situation😒

Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎

Cheers,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment