Sunday, December 24, 2017

Initial field testing of the Multistar Viking 2208 2600 Kv motor

Hi Everyone -

Had the reliable test bed Mig-35B out for another good session yesterday putting the Multistar Viking 2208 2600 Kv motor from Hobby King through it's paces😊
As mentioned in the video below, you can read more about my initial impressions and the bench testing data I gathered here .

Here is the video



During this blog post, I will be comparing this motor to the EMAX RS2306 2750 Kv motor (which I will shorten to EMAX 2306), the BeeRotor Z2207 2780 Kv motor (which I will shorten to BR2207), and the RC Timer FR2306 2650 Kv motor (which I will shorten to RCT2306).

As mentioned in the video, this motor was recommended to me by rcplanepirate and he gave me the notice when the price dropped significantly from $28.14 USD to $16.10, so I am thankful to him for the info😊  Please click on his name to go to his YouTube channel, he has done considerable testing of all kinds of motor, props, EDFs, etc, lots of great info there.

This motor is a great little motor for use in a park jet from what I saw yesterday over more than a dozen flights.  After I shot the video, I flew several more flights and now rank this one number 3 of the motors I have tested thus far.
  1. EMAX 2306;
  2. BR2207; and
  3. Multistar Viking 2208 2600.
The EMAX 2306 seems to be the clear winner in weight, power, acceleration and top end speed, not by a whole lot over the BR2207, but still better.  The Multistar Viking is just slightly behind the BR2207 in acceleration and top end speed, but weighs the same.  It has about equivalent torque to the RCT2306, but much better top end speed.

This motor is a good fit for a park jet, I will be interested to evaluate it's performance against the DYS BE2208/7 2600 Kv motor I currently use in my RC Powers F-22 and F-18 V5s.  Here is a picture of the two of those motors side by side.  You can see the significant difference in size of the bell and once all the hardware and prop are attached, the Multistar Viking is 6 gr lighter.  That will be an upcoming "fly off" at the field to see which is better😊
As I mentioned, I'm very pleased with this Multistar Viking motor and I'm very happy that I got it on sale.😉  For it's full price of $28.14, if I wanted to add another motor to my collection, I would opt for another EMAX 2306 ($21.99 at Hobby King) or the BR2207 ($16.99 at RC timer) as they are both a bit more powerful, faster and of course cheaper.  If it outperforms the DYS 2208, I would definitely keep a close eye for it to go on sale again to pick up another😊

Another great find and thanks again to rcplanepirate for the recommendation.  Next up for testing will be the Racerstar BR2406S 2600 Kv motor which I will write about my initial impressions in the next few days perhaps after the "Christmas craziness" is over😂

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and safe and happy holiday season, thank you so much for your kind, humbling support on this blog and my YouTube channel, it keeps me motivated and inspired to do more experimenting, testing and passing along my park jet lessons to you.

Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎

Cheers,

Scott



No comments:

Post a Comment