Sunday, December 17, 2017

RC Timer FR2205 2550 Kv motor "Table Talk"

Hi Everyone -

This blog post is in support of the video I shot discussing the RC Timer FR2205 2550 Kv motor.  I have been using this motor for about seven months now, it is the first quad racing motor that I have experimented with for use in a park jet.

Here is the video

Here are more links to some of the gear discussed in this video -

Turnigy Plush 30A ESC;

Turnigy Plush 40A ESC;

RC Timer 6x3E sport prop;

6x4 electric Aerostar Composite Prop from RC Timer (6x4 APC knockoff);

6x4 APC gas prop;

Master Airscrew 6x4x3 prop;

"X" motor mount with screws and prop connector;

3.5 mm bullet connectors; and

Prop nut pliers from Hobby King (similar to those in the video for tightening and removing bullet nut)

Other links

Motor test spreadsheet with further prop test data.  Please go to the page marked "quad racing motors" to get the data on this and the other two quad racing motors I am currently evaluating.

My blog article about initial lessons learned using quad racing motors in park jets

This link is to a list of quad racing motors I will be testing, I already have the first three on the list and I'm waiting for the rest as well as some 5" tri blade quad props to evaluate for possible use in park jets.

If you are interested in bench testing of many different quad motors with props other than what are normally used on props for use in your park jet, flying wing, etc, please check out rcplanepirate's YouTube channel.

Still pictures of the FR2205 2550 motor showing more closeups.  First picture shows what comes in the box from RC Timer.
Standard X mount secured to the motor as linked above.
Closeup showing the large cooling holes, I have pushed this motor up to 32A in warmer summer weather (28C/82F) and it ran very cool without problems.
Important note - in the first couple pictures you see a red label on the motor.  This label is made of an almost vinyl kind of tape and it came off in mid air after a few flights, scaring the living daylights out of me!😓  Fortunately it didn't foul the motor or the prop, but lesson learned, I will now remove this label from all of these RC Timer quad motors before flying in the future to prevent problems.

Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎

Cheers,

Scott


5 comments:

  1. I have this motor on my PFI SU35 with a 6x4x3 and a 60a esc.
    Does very well but does get a bit warm.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peter -

      Great to hear, are you running it on 3 or 4S with that setup?

      Cheers,

      Scott

      Delete
  2. Hey Scott,
    Wanted to thanks you for getting me into parkjets, and also fwd some tech info I think you'll find very helpful regarding extensive testing of quad motors and props on these little jets, but can t find how to contact ya direct and don't wanna post my email here pubilcy, I did find scott@migsrus.com lmk if ya still get maiL there sir
    Thanks Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave, thanks very much, the e-mail address I use associated with this blog is scott.parkjet@gmail.com. The scott.migsrus.com probably no longer works as the website is currently in the process of being moved to another provider.

      Cheers,

      Scott

      Delete