Thursday, December 28, 2017

Racerstar BR2406S 2600 Kv motor initial impressions

Hi Everyone -

I recently received the Racerstar BR2406S 2600 Kv motor in the mail😊  I picked mine up from Ebay which is where the first link will take you for $13.93 USD with free shipping.  I could have purchased it also from Banggood  for $10.49, but I got a bit impatient when it was out of stock and Banggood kept changing the restocking date😒  I have ordered a couple of Racerstar motors to test, the other is the Racerstar BR2306S 2700 Kv motor which is quite inexpensive at $8.99.

One of the main reasons I wanted to try this BR2406 motor is that it has a slightly wider stator at 24mm than any of the other motors on my shopping list.
The motor came with several mounting bolts for mounting on a quad and one prop nut, none of which I will be using for my park jets.  The motor wires are 3" long and like all the other quad racing motors I have tried, it does not come with the "X" mount and hardware, nor the 3.5mm bullet connectors to connect it to my ESC.
It has the 16x19mm bolt pattern on the bottom to accept the standard "X" mount that I use in my park jets.  The magnets look relatively thick, not curved with a bit of space in between.  It spins fairly smoothly by hand, not too "bumpy" because of the space between the magnets although the magnets don't feel terribly strong.  It has a hollow shaft all the way through to keep things light and standard "C" clip holding the shaft on the bottom.
It is a fairly light motor, with the hardware, connectors and prop, it weighs 48 gr/1.7 oz.
The bench test numbers with the 6x4 APC gas prop aren't terribly exciting, but here they are.  Test conducted with a Turnigy Plush 60A ESC and Zippy Flightmax 2200 3S 40C battery.

50% throttle - 11.4A/139.1W producing 410 gr/14.5 oz of thrust;

100% throttle - 26.9A/310.9W producing 734 gr/25.9 oz of thrust.

For more details and to be able to compare it to the bench results of other quad racing motors I have tested, you can go to my motor test spreadsheet.  The quad racing motors have their own tab which you can find scrolling along the bottom of the spreadsheet.

I hope to get if field tested soon when I get a decent weather window.

In my research, the Racerstar motors get mixed reviews, but often I heard the comment, "for the price, they are a pretty decent motor", so I will see how they make out at the field and over time.  

Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎

Cheers,

Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment