Friday, March 2, 2018

"Table Talk" - Park Jet pushrod and linkage ideas

Hi Everyone -

Continuing in my series of revising my Park Jet workshop video, I shot this video today discussing different ideas for making your own pushrods and linkages for your park jets as well as details on what I have used for quite awhile😊
As mentioned in the video, here is a very old blog post I wrote on the old NAMC blog about the money and weight savings of making my own pushrods over using the Dubro pushrods which I have to buy online since I do not have easy access to a local hobby shop.

Here are the links to the materials I use to make my pushrods.
Here are some close up pictures of the items I discussed in the video.  First the control horns, the one on the left is the standard from most RC Powers plans that you can cut out yourself from wood, gift cards, any other stiff, strong material.  The one on the right is the one from Flite Test that I buy from this distributor in Canada.
Close up of the nylon clevis.
Here is the 2mm linkage stopper in it's pieces, the main body with threaded post, two washers, one to go on each side of the nylon servo arm, round nut to secure the stopper to the servo arm and grub screw to secure the pushrod into the linkage stopper.
As I mentioned in the video, there are all kinds of ways to make your own pushrods and control horns with whatever you have available and whatever works for you, just a little imagination and away you go😀

Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎

Cheers,

Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment