Saturday, March 24, 2018

Field test of the Racerstar BR2406 2600 kv motor with Gemfan 6045 carbon nylon prop on 3S

Hi Everyone -

I had this little beauty out today field testing the Gemfan 6045 carbon nylon prop as recommended to me by rcplanepirate😀
Today I was running it on the Racerstar BR2406 2600 kv motor which showed incredibly good numbers during bench testing with this prop. 
You can read more details on the bench testing of this motor and a couple others including the park jet workhorse 2212/6 2200 kv motor at this blog post.

Here is the flight video of today's test session.

I am a very happy park jet pilot after seeing that the field test performance lived up to the bench testing or vice versa😉

This prop really wakes this motor up compared to the previous best setup with the 6x4 APC gas prop which I suppose you would expect with a bit of extra pitch, a stiffer prop and slightly different blade design.

This motor with this prop and ESC setup on 3S is now up in the same category of some of the 2700+ kv motors I have been running.  I am very pleased with how it runs and is actually quite efficient when I look at the amp draw compared to some of the 2700+ kv motors.  To get 1070 gr/37.7 oz of thrust at the cost of only 35.3A is a great setup and even though it was quite cool today, I think this motor and prop combo could be run pretty hard even in the hot summer months without issue.

Thanks again to rcplanepirate for the recommendation, please check out his YouTube channel for lots of great testing, educational and flying videos of some seriously fast planes😀

Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎

Cheers,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment