Sunday, March 4, 2018

"Table Talk" - EMAX RS2306 2750 Kv motor 100 flight review for Park Jet use

Hi Everyone -

I have been having a great time testing the light and powerful EMAX RS2306 2750 Kv motor and now have just over 100 flights on this little beast😀

Here is a "Table Talk" video I shot reviewing and discussing my experiences with this motor in more detail.

This blog post gives some fairly comprehensive comparison numbers of testing I have done with this motor.  You can also read all the details on my motor test spreadsheet, if you scroll along the bottom you will find the tab for the EMAX motor.  Also, if you go to the motor test spreadsheet, you can find links to all the ESCs and props I discuss in this video.

Here are links to some of my flight videos testing this motor in different configurations in different planes.
Here is rcplanepirate's first test video with this motor.  He tests a wide range of smaller props on 4S and even 6S.  
As I mention a few times in my video, I am very impressed with the performance of this motor.  The mid range power and speed blows away any of the previous high Kv motors I have run like the 2212/5T 2700 Kv (you can read the bench test data on this motor also on the spreadsheet linked above) which is what I think gives it such good hole shot acceleration and mid range torque even though it is a relatively small motor.  It is well made, runs strong and I think could be pushed much harder with different batteries and/or props.

It is certainly not a cheap motor, paired with the HobbyWing 40A ESC it is an expensive combo compared to many other options out there.  If I hadn't already been experimenting with the HobbyWing ESC, I would still be very happy running it with the Turnigy Plush 40A ESC.  When HobbyKing gets them back in stock, I will be picking up a V4.2 to see if it runs better than my current V3.1.  

As I mention in the video, although I don't have actual radar gun or GPS speed data to compare, the speed experience is about the same as the much heavier NTM 2836 2700 Kv motor on with a 6x4 APC prop, but the overall flight experience is much better due to the significantly lower wing loading.

When I first started wanting to experiment with quad racing motors in park jets, this was the type of setup I was looking for in planes where I really wanted some great speed, torque and acceleration and although the motor and ESC combo I prefer is a bit pricey, I think I am getting my money's worth😀

Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎

Cheers,

Scott


No comments:

Post a Comment