Saturday, March 10, 2018

DYS Samguk Shu 2306 2800 Kv motor field test...some times you win, sometimes you don't... :)

Hi Everyone -

I had this beauty out at the field today doing some field testing on the DYS Samguk Shu 2306 2800 Kv motor😊(note, this may be the last smile you see in this blog post😉)
Here is the flight video.  

Shortly after this video, on the 6th flight in total, things started to go bad for this motor😕  It started to run rough, get louder and lose power.  I landed, unplugged the battery and went to touch the motor to see if it was hot and almost burned my finger!😳  The heat had built up so intensely that even the X motor mount and screws where the screw driver is pointing in the picture below were too hot to touch!
So I let the plane sit for awhile to let things cool off and make sure it wasn't going to catch on fire😱  After it was cool enough to touch, I spun the motor by hand and it was clicking, normally indicating that one of the bottom bearings is broken or is not turning freely which also explains the intense heat at the base of the motor😒

I had actually purchased two of these motors as they were so inexpensive and on sale, so after returning home from the field, I started bench testing the second one and the bench results were even worse than the first motor by about 10%😲

So, I will put this down to a lesson learned.  I will be steering clear of DYS products in future, this is the fourth different DYS motor I have purchased where at some point in time I have had quality control issues.  Hopefully I have learned my lesson this time, took me long enough😞  

Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎

Cheers,

Scott



No comments:

Post a Comment