Friday, March 30, 2018

Beginner Park Jet series - my finished Mig-29 V1

Hi Everyone -

One RC Powers Mig-29 V1 ready to "slip the surly bonds of earth"😀
Here is the link to the intro blog post and the link to the video playlist where I went through the step by step build of the RC Powers Mig-29 V1 shown above.

As for my own build, with a 2200 3S battery, I came in at a weight of 480 gr/16.9 oz.  My build skills have come a long way in five years, this first Mig-29 V1 I built weighed 595 gr/21 oz with the same battery!😲  I used a very similar paint scheme on the new one I suppose as kind of a tribute to that first Mig-29 V1 that had such a positive impact on my park jet journey👍👏
I did make a couple of changes after shooting the video, the more I inspected the plane and checked that everything is working, the Turnigy motor I showed in the video just didn't seem to be running smoothly😒  So I swapped it out for a "no name" 2212/6 2200 kv motor from Banggood.  I know from experience these motors perform the same with the same prop on 3S.
Also, as I was changing the motors, I just wasn't happy with how much flex there was in the wing plate area around the motor mount meaning a certain amount of my motor's power would get lost as the foam flexed.  I used a tongue depressor and some expanding Gorilla glue and although it looks like my plane was attacked by the "Blob"💣, it is very strong now and since this is on the bottom of the plane, I won't see it much😉.
As I start doing some videos from field, I will discuss more about my maiden flights and "dialing in" my Mig-29 V1, here is a detailed video on how I normally go through this process with my park jets.

I hope that you have found this video to be helpful, if you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below, on either of the videos in this series, the first one above or the intro video or feel free to e-mail me at scott.parkjet@gmail.com.  Your e-mail address will be kept in strictest confidence.

Enjoy your Mig-29 V1 build and I hope it brings you many hours of enjoyment as it has done for me over the years😀

Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎

Cheers,

Scott




No comments:

Post a Comment