Wednesday, March 7, 2018

SunnySky Edge R2305 2800 Kv initial field testing

Hi Everyone -

I had this little beauty out to rip a dozen batteries through the SunnySky Edge R2305 2800 Kv motor I finally received in the mail😀
Here is the flight video from today's field testing.


You can go to this blog post to read more about my initial impressions and the initial bench testing.

This motor performed very well as I really put it through it's paces for another ten flights after I shot the video.  Although as I mentioned in the video it was quite amp hungry (41.6A) at full throttle on the bench with the 6x4 APC gas prop and Turnigy Plush 40A ESC, the ESC and motor ran quite cool.  Although the temps were cool at about 2 C/36 F, it ran cooler than some of the other motors in this size and Kv range I have tested.

With this ESC it does not quite have the mid range power of some of the other motors, but I found that by just increasing the throttle by about 5% from what I normally fly around with it performed quite close to the EMAX RS2306 2750 Kv motor.

It has very good acceleration and top end speed, with the Plush ESC with default settings, I would put it in the same ball park as the BeeRotor R2207 2780 Kv and the Foxeer DATURA X2206 2700 Kv motors.  I am excited to test it soon with the HobbyWing Platinum PRO 40A and Turnigy AE-45A ESCs with the custom settings I found with those for high Kv motors.

Overall, very impressed thus far with this great little motor from SunnySky😊

Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎

Cheers,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment