Sunday, January 7, 2018

NAMC planes now available at www.parkflyersinternational.com

Hi Everyone -

For those of you who have supported me over the years on the RC Powers forum and through NAMC (North American Mig Consortium), I wanted to let you know that NAMC planes would no longer be available at the NAMC website.  The website is currently being moved to another provider, so it is not available at the time of writing this post, but should be up and running soon with all the information from the blog, etc being made available once again soon.

I touched on this somewhat in this video
At the time I shot the video, negotiations were still on going to have the plans for NAMC planes still publicly available through the Parkflyers International (PI) website.  My deepest thanks to Bimo, Ian and Jeff for allowing the plans to still have a home where people can enjoy them.  The plans are available now at this link.  I am amazed at the job that Bimo and his staff did on the website pages, humbling 😃

The original Mig-35 (the first NAMC design) and the Mig-FA (concept stealth) will continue to be free as they have been on the NAMC website for awhile.  The Mig-35B and Su-27 plans will be available by donation to help support underprivileged children and their families in Jakarta, Indonesia, an initiative Bimo started when he created Parkflyers International.

For those that have built NAMC planes or are interested in building them, I will still be here to support them as I have built and flown them all extensively as the former test pilot for NAMC.  You can always get hold of me through this blog, my YouTube channel or at my e-mail scott.parkjet@gmail.com.

In the video I didn't mention that some of my other projects this year will be to update the blog series I wrote called "which park jet for me" sharing my experiences with what to start with, how different designs have different flight envelopes, etc.  Eventually I will create a shared Google Doc/spreadsheet of parts that I have used with success over the years along with writeups/reviews of pros and cons of them all since I won't be involved with keeping anything current on the new NAMC website.

I would encourage you to have a look around the Parkflyers International website, Bimo has pushed the scale accuracy of park jet design to a whole new level in a very short period of time, just amazing😃  Having flown some of his early designs when they were first getting started, I can tell you they fly really well also.  Again, my personal and sincere thanks to Bimo, Ian and Jeff for helping us out, I hope that some funds will be raised to support the underprivileged families they have supported since PI's inception.

I should also announce that I will no longer be participating in the RC Powers forum supporting the threads of NAMC planes or any other threads I have created, so again, if you have questions, please don't hesitate to email me (scott.parkjet@gmail.com).  My humble thanks to all those who have followed and supported me during my tenure at RC Powers and NAMC and still support me here on this blog and through my YouTube channel.  Much appreciated😄

Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎

Cheers,

Scott

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic, Scott. I check your blog every day and it's always full of new insights and helps me grow in my journey!
    My journey would require some snowshoes today, mind you.


    Best regards,

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Peter, thanks as always for your continued support, much appreciated :)

      Cheers,

      Scott

      Delete