Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Initial impressions and bench testing of the Brother Hobby EngineerX 2307 2700 kv motor

Hi Everyone -

I recently completed a bench test session of another quad racing motor I picked up to evaluate, the BrotherHobby EngineerX 2307 2700 kv that I picked up from Banggood.  I picked mine up for $23.99 USD, I notice the regular price from Banggood is $30.67, although at the time of writing this blog post it is on sale for the same price I paid.
I discovered this motor watching EngineerX's YouTube channel, here is his test video of this motor before it was released to the public.

I was very pleased to be able to exchange a few words with him about this new motor.  He mentioned that it might not be for all out speed, but perhaps very good torque.  If you want more details about the "guts" of the motor, please watch his video as he takes it apart and shows the details of the motor.

Mine weighed 34 gr/1.2 oz out of the box, it comes with the standard bolts and a prop nut, the finish is very nice and it spins very smoothly.
With the prop and other hardware attached ready to go in the plane, it weighs 48 gr/1.7 oz which I think is very good for a 2307 motor, it is right there with all the 2306 size motors I have tested thus far.

I started off the bench testing with the 6x4 APC gas prop, you can read all the test numbers on the motor test spreadsheet which also has links to all the components used in the testing.  The thrust numbers were not that great, but the amps numbers were noticeably low, so I tested with the 6x4 KMP props and finally the Gemfan 6045 carbon nylon prop which is what I will field test it with initially on 3S.

Here are the test numbers for this motor on 3S using the GF 6045 prop and the Turnigy AE-45A ESC with custom settings of 22.5 degrees timing and 24 KHz PWM frequency.

50% throttle - 15.7A/192.3W producing 635 gr/22.4 oz of thrust;

100% throttle - 39.4A/451.3W producing 1200 gr/42.3 oz of thrust.

So I am excited to get to the field and test it, my experience has been that with the GF 6045 CN prop, the bench numbers normally carry over well to the field😊

Park Jet noise...the "other" sound of freedom😎

Cheers,

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment